Direct Office Line: (757) 622-6000
Email Address: email@example.com
When an individual sustains an injury because of a defective product, Attorney Michael Imprevento seeks to uncover the negligent party or parties and hold them accountable for the damage caused, including catastrophic injuries. Mike is credited with victories in cases that other lawyers refused to tackle. As a personal injury attorney at Breit Biniazan, he believes in being a champion for his clients and delivering groundbreaking results.
Mike is widely recognized by his peers for his relentless and effective approach to litigation. He has been named to the list of Best Lawyers in America®, been AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, and has been annually selected by other lawyers to the Virginia Super Lawyers list since 2006. These selections solidify Mike as one of the leading Virginia Beach personal injury attorneys, and among the top litigators in Virginia.
A native of Queens and Long Island, New York, Mike came to Tidewater after serving in the United States Navy and decided to make it a home. The grandson of an immigrant bricklayer who pushed him to work hard and get a good education, Mike went to law school at Hofstra University in New York. After law school, he joined the Navy, where he served as a Lieutenant in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG) from 1982 through 1986. Since completing his service in the Navy, Mike has handled a wide variety of criminal and civil cases, but his passion is product liability and personal injury, including trucking and motorcycle accidents and employment law. Mike has served as General Counsel for several police and fire unions and coalitions in Hampton Roads.
Mike is no stranger to local talk radio, he hosted “Motorcycle Mania” on AM 850 WTAR every Sunday for five years. He has been a frequent guest and contributor on Tony Macrini’s show and the Ask the Expert shows. He also has his own program called “The Mike Imprevento Show” on AM 790 WNIS. Mike lives in Virginia Beach with his wife Yolanda and has a daughter who lives in New York.
Super Lawyers 2022 - Attorney Mike Imprevento Recognized as a Super Lawyer
Attorney Michael Imprevento has been honored by Super Lawyers® for being recognized by Thomson Reuters in 2022.
Super Lawyers 15 Years - Attorney Mike Imprevento Recognized for 15 Years as a Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers 2023 - Attorney Mike Imprevento Recognized as a Super Lawyer
Attorney Michael Imprevento has been honored by Super Lawyers® for being recognized by Thomson Reuters in 2023.
- J.D., Hofstra University
- B.A., History, Fordham University
- Virginia Supreme Court, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1986)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (1986)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (1998)
- New York State Court of Appeals and all trial level and intermediate level Appellate Courts in the State of New York (1983)
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list in 2006-2023
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Vice Chair to Products Liability Section) American Association for Justice
- Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
Publications & Presentations
- Lecturer, Strategies for Success in Personal Injury Cases in Virginia (Spring 1994, 1995)
- Lecturer, Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Virginia (Fall 1995)
- Chairman, Moderator, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Advocacy Seminar (Fall 1995)
- Chairman, Moderator, Virginia Poverty Law Seminar “Virginia Discovery” (1995)
- Lecturer, Products Liability Update, Virginia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention (1999)
- Author, “Exclusions or Disclaimers of Warranties: How to Preserve the Warranty Cause of Action,” Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Products Liability Retreat (October 2000)
- Author, “The Economist,” The Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Fall 1992)
- Author, “Household Product Liability as a Household Name,” Virginia Trial Lawyers Journal (Fall 1997)
- Author, “Damage Issues Unique to Products Liability Cases,” The Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Fall 1998)
- Author, “A Comparative Analysis of Warranty, Negligence, Strict Liability and Virginia’s Theories of Recovery for Product Defect, ” Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Products Liability Retreat (October 1998)
- Author, “The Virginia Consumer Expectations Test for Product Defect: What Is It and Where Did It Come From?” Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Products Liability Retreat (October 1997)
- Author, “Kumho Tire: A Study of the User of Expert Testimony in Federal Court in a Products Liability Case,” The Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 12, Number 1 (Winter 1999-2000)
- Author, “Depositions of Experts in the Post-Daubert/Kumho Tire World,” The Journal of Virginia Trial Lawyers, Volume 14, Number 2 (Spring 2002); Reprinted: Journal of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Number 478 (October 2002)
- Author, “It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It: The Current Virginia Standard of Admissibility of Expert Testimony is Superior to Daubert, and Our Gate Should Be Closed to Its Principles,” Virginia State Bar Litigation News (Winter 2003)
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident